Chlorella is a single-celled algae that grows in fresh water. This microscopic organism was the first form of a plant with a well-defined nucleus. Containing the highest levels of chlorophyll than any known plant, chlorella is a great source of protein, carbohydrates, fat, chlorophyll, magnesium, fiber, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins.
Discovered in the late 19th century, chlorella is a popular food supplement in Asia and commonly has been used to increase energy.
Another common usage for chlorella is to prevent or curb the spread of cancer, and to help protect the body of the harmful side-effects from chemo and radiation.
Chlorella has also been used to protect the body against the negative effects of toxic heavy metals we come in contact with every day; such as mercury and lead.
Other benefits of chlorella include:
• Anti-tumor activity against breast cancer
• Enhance immunity
• Increase white blood cell count (especially in HIV and cancer patients)
• Promotes good bacteria in the intestines
• Treats colitis, Chromes, diverticulitis, and stress related ulcers
• Stops constipation
• Treats bad breath
• Lowers hypertension
• Reduces cholesterol
• Detoxifies the whole body from a cellular level
• Promotes mental health
• Reduces asthma attacks
• Relieves premenstrual syndrome
• Treats pain resulting from fibromyalgia
• Protects the body against ultraviolent radiation
This nutrient filled super food contains 18 amino acids (including all of the essential amino acids needed) and 60% of the daily recommended amounts of protein.
One of chlorella’s most unique properties is a phytonutrient called CGF or Chlorella Growth Factor. CGF revitalizes weaken body cells, and helps to repair damaged cells through replacement and illumination if needed.
Chlorella also contains high levels of beta carotene, RNA/DNA and iron.
Other vitamins and minerals found in chlorella include:
5. Pro-vitamin A
6. Vitamins C, E, and K
7. B1,B2, B5, B6, B12
9. Inositol (for cell building)
10. Folic Acid
This super food is mainly cultivated outdoors in mineral rich fresh water ponds exposed to direct sunlight.
The entire cultivation process is designed to ensure optimal nutrient value and purity. The cell wall of chlorella must be broken in order for people to digest it. Therefore, make sure you buy the highest quality of organic, broken cell wall chlorella you can find.
Check your local Vitamin Shoppe or Whole Foods for quality brands.
Moringa Oleifera better known as the Miracle Tree or Tree of Life, has been well recognized and cherished by the people of Asia and Africa for many years.
Moringa’s health benefits can vary depending on the various part of the tree you use.
Moringa pods are considered the most precious part of the tree. It is also the most widely used as well. The pods are loaded with nutrients. Each pod contains essential amino acids, a complete protein source, and many vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, and co-enzymes.
The Moringa Oleifera Tree Contains:
- 7 times the Vitamin C in ORANGES
- 4 times the Calcium found in MILK
- 4 times the Vitamin A found in CARROTS
- 3 times the Potassium found in BANANAS
- 3+ times the Iron found in SPINACH
- 2 times the Protein found in YOGURT
When taking Moringa people have noticed:
- More Energy
- Lower Blood Sugar levels
- Balances hormones
- Promotes workout recovery
- Improved Sensory Perception and memory
- Increased flexibility
- Better sleep cycles
Moringa oil is highly valued as one of the most nutritious oils around. Moringa oil is taken from the pods, and the remaining seed cake components are still very detoxifying; so it is used where industrial water treatments are not available to naturally purify and remove sediment and bacteria from water.
Although the pods have the most diverse usage and contain many more nutrients, the leaves are also a nutritious delicacy!
Moringa tree leaves are filled with more protein than any other plant species around.
And, such leaves are used in the Zija Premium Detox Tea.
Zija is a company that has mastered the techniques of abstracting the nutrients of the moringa plant without changing its nutritional chemical composition.
To ensure the highest quality possible, all of Zija’s Moringa trees are grown on proprietary farms in India. They are organically raised without chemicals, harvested carefully by hand, and then shade dried, ensuring that essential nutrients remain intact. Zija uses all of the most beneficial parts of the tree – the leaves, the seeds and the fruit – in their unique line of products.
All designed to promote nutrient intake and FAST weight loss all at the same time.
Designed to work with your body’s natural abilities, Zija’s Weight Management System utilizes the amazing health benefits of Moringa to deliver maximum nutrition all day and night. Each product provides a healthy dose of 90+ verifiable, cell-ready vitamins, minerals, vital proteins, antioxidants, omega oils, and other benefits.
Zija’s unique system focuses on balance and energy, including healthy eating, consistent exercise, and restful sleep. You’ll be amazed how much easier it is to meet your weight management goals and health supplement needs with nature on your side!
For more information about Zija and Moringa Oleifera visit: http://www.worldtherapycenter.myzija.com/products/weight-management/index.html.
Prior to its consumption I had always heard of liquid chlorophyll and its supernatural functions on the human body. Even in the movie Iron Man; he made note that by consuming liquid chlorophyll, he was better able to tap into his supernatural powers.
So when I came across this liquid in the vitamin section of my local grocery store, there was no hesitation as to if I should get it or not.
As soon as I drank my very first glass mixed with 1 tablespoon of liquid chlorophyll and a full glass of water; I noticed a purification process like no other occurring in my bladder.
Every FIVE minutes I was running back to the bathroom to urinate. I noticed that my urine was very concentrated. It looked as though it was mixed with a clear, oily substance.
That lasted through the entire night.
When I woke up the following day, I noticed that I had much more energy; and the sinus infection I was struggling with had drastically subsided.
Therefore, I was prompted to research and discover the true health properties of liquid chlorophyll.
In research I learned that chlorophyll’s molecular structure is similar to hemoglobin, and mimic’s its response to the human body.
Hemoglobin is the main substance used to build and transport red blood cells. Therefore, it is logical for us to feed our bodies hemoglobin.
Chlorophyll has a molecular structure more similar to hemoglobin than anything else. Its molecular structure is completely identical to hemoglobin; all except for the center atom. In chlorophyll the center atom is magnesium and in hemoglobin the center atom is iron.
Hemoglobin, like what is found in chlorophyll, helps to rebuild and replenish our red blood cells; it boosts our energy and increases overall well-being almost instantly.
By cleansing our bodies from, not only the molecular level but also the cellular level, chlorophyll has been known to:
- Heal wounds
- Fight infections
- Promote a healthy circulatory system
- Promote a healthy Immune system
- Promote a healthy Digestive system
- Assist in total body detoxification
Mainly, chlorophyll increases the body’s oxygen utilization.
It breaks down calcium oxalate stones and eliminates them from the body. These stones are created by the body to neutralize and dispose the body of excess acid.
In addition, liquid chlorophyll also reduces the binding of carcinogens to our DNA in the liver and other organs.
According to, http://www.energiseforlife.com, liquid chlorophyll also has the following benefits;
- Anti Carcinogenic: Chlorophyll protects against a whole host of carcinogens found in fungus-laden foods such as nuts and grains, the toxins from cooked meats, and air-borne carcinogens (from pollution). It blocks the metabolism in the body of harmful chemicals known as pro-carcinogens that damage DNA. Studies published in the journals Carcinogenesis and Food and Chemical Toxicology clearly display that chlorophyll inhibits carcinogenesis.
- Antioxidant & Anti-inflammatory: containing high levels of the vitamins A, C and E, liquid chlorophyll has strong antioxidant capacity and has also been found to help reduce inflammation.
- Chelation of Heavy Metals: chlorophyll is one of the most important chelates in nature. Its ability to bind to and remove toxic heavy metals such as mercury makes it an extremely powerful healer.
- Antiseptic: while liquid chlorophyll doesn’t actually have antiseptic properties of its own, it, quite remarkably, DOES have the ability to aid our body’s tissue in destroying germs. By strengthening tissue, it increases the disease resistance of cells and, at the same time, prevents the growth of bacteria!
- Treats Bad Breath and Body Odor: This one is a real bonus and really works! Chlorophyll has a double-action remedy for bad breath. Firstly, as a deodorizer, it will eliminate odors in the mouth and throat, but secondly (and more importantly) it promotes a healthy digestive tract – which is the primary reason for bad breath. It also eliminates body odor by controlling the bacteria that produces body odor.
- Rapid Delivery of Magnesium: this has a highly alkalizing effect on the body and helps to deliver much needed oxygen to cells and tissues.
- Contains vitamin K, C, folic acid, iron, calcium, and protein: which are all also essential in building and repairing red blood cells and boosting our immune system.
How to Consume Chlorophyll
- Liquid Chlorophyll– Purchase any non-refined and non-processed liquid chlorophyll from the vitamin section of Publix, or any vitamins shop. Liquid chlorophyll is a dense, almost tasteless source of chlorophyll that can be added to water or juice.
- Green Drinks– Juice them yourself or use quality powdered greens.
- Green Foods– salads, raw or barely steamed veggies, spinach, lettuce, broccoli, etc.
Study results show that people in good, supportive relationships live longer and have better lives, according to research done by the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
In addition, the research also revealed that happy couples look younger and are much healthier than those who are single (making the dating rounds), or in bad relationships.
There are several factors to consider when understanding why happily married couples enjoy life more than their single or unhappily married counterparts.
I. Happily married couples tend to be more sexually active:
Certainly everyone knows that “feel good” endorphins are released when someone is having enjoyable sex with a trusted person. These endorphins help the body to suppress pain and reduce depression. Sex also increases metabolic rates and causes blood circulation in the body to improve (even up to hours afterwards).
And according to the research done by University of Pittsburg Medical Center, About 40% of married people have sex twice a week, compared to 20-25% of single and cohabitating men and women. Over 40% of married women said their sex life was emotionally and physically satisfying, compared to about 30% of single women. For men, it’s 50% of married men are physically and emotionally contents versus 38% of cohabitating men.
II. Happily married couples tend to be more financially stable:
Two people tend to live as cheaply as one and a half person; says authors Linda J. Waite and Maggie Gallagher in, The Case for Marriage. Sharing food, furniture, insurance benefits, cars, and doubling income can be a big boost financially. And, limiting financial stress alone reduces the majority of stress experienced by most people in this day and age.
III. Happily married couples tend to have better health:
Based on life expectancies, nine of ten married men and women alive at age 48 are alive at 65, while only six of ten single men and eight of ten single women make it to 65. (Cohen et al, 1997). And married men tend to have better immune systems (due to regularly cooked home meals), and they go to the doctor more regularly for check-ups (due to most wives scheduling their appointments).
IV. Happily married couples tend to stress less:
Single people always have thoughts in the back of their minds that if they or their children become ill, loss their job, or have an unexpected tragedy…”Then who can they turn to for help?” And, these thoughts alone can contribute to subliminal stress.
As a matter-of-fact, each day of our lives we are trained to take supplements and increase our physical activity so that we can be healthy, and prevent things such as cancer and other life threatening diseases.
I was standing in the waiting area when I heard the phone ring. It was Monday April 10, 2012 at approximately 4:35 p.m. I stopped in mid-sentence as I was instructing my client on her after treatment maintenance routine. She saw the fear deep in my eyes; as a matter of fact I almost shed a tear.
Maybe it’s because I have been a little physic since a near-death experience I encountered when I was 18-years-old.
“Could you please excuse me for a moment,” I politely asked my client?
After the phone conversation I felt cold inside. No fear, anger or resentment towards the fact that my doctor had just announced I had Stage 0 Non-invasive Carcinoma in Situ, in my left breast.
“The good thing” he said, “…is that it has not invaded any of the surrounding tissue. But, the bad thing is that we need to remove it as soon as possible so that it won’t spread.”
At that point, I didn’t know if I should be happy that I discovered it at such an early phase, or angry that I even had cancer in the first place!
Either way the cold feeling of nothingness grew inside of me. The feeling of loneliness; the same feeling that causes you to keep bad news to yourself, just to spare everyone else empathetic emotional well-being.
“So what’s next,” I immediately asked; cutting him off in mid-sentence as he apologized to me for delivering the bad news.
By the time our conversation was over my hands were shaking and my eyes began to water. Get it together; I thought to myself, as I ended the phone conversation to check-out my massage client.
As soon as I heard the door chimes ring as she exited the office; I threw myself in the nearest chair and cried like I have never cried before!
Thank God she was my last client of the day so I spared myself the public humiliation.
From the time I was diagnosed until now I’ve had constant dialogue with my spirit within. I find myself at times, asking…“ How are you feeling Tonya?”… “Do you need to rest more today?”…“Did you eat a well-balanced meal and take your supplements?”
And sometimes, I have to encourage myself, like when I tell myself…. “Come on you can finish the last 5 minutes of this workout Tonya…Chug that wheatgrass, or drink that comfrey juice!” Or, “Sunbath for just 15 more minutes…the more healing Vitamin D the better!”
A few minutes after I got my composure together I called my mom, then my fiancé’ to tell them the horrible news and to get some immediate emotional support and strength; as both are the two strongest people I have ever known!
Three days passed and I walked around in a complete daze. I found myself not looking at people, but staring straight thru them. Wondering what makes some people suffer from diseases that others fight off naturally. I would look at people and capture their facial images, as if I wanted to paint a mental picture to take with me everywhere I go.
I found it especially hard to look my 15-year-old daughter in the face. I didn’t want her to see the fear in my heart and the pain in my eyes. The thought of leaving her behind scared the shit out of me!
And that was when I put my foot down. I decided to learn all I could about this crazy thing called cancer, and beat it at its own game. I decided that if I was going to die; it would be from ANYTHING BUT CANCER!
So I began to talk to any and everyone who could help me to learn natural remedies for cancer, and I stayed up sometimes until sunrise reading about cases similar to mine; and the outcome and effects of natural treatments, verses that of pharmaceutical treatments.
Thanks to my close family and friends, and my darling fiancé, I managed to gather more information on fighting cancer from both natural sources and conventional sources than I had time to read or comprehend!
Each day, I would buy a new herb recommended after researching the side effects and contra-indications of the product.
Many times I took a risk not to consume too much of an herb, or not to take it with another herb that combined could cause kidney or liver damage.
But, it was almost like standing over a cliff and looking back at this big grizzly bear as he prepares for his juicy meal of the day.
I knew that if the cancer didn’t kill me, the massive amount of herbs I was preparing to take probably would. But, I being a risk taker, was willing to deal with the consequences. So two weeks after my biopsy I went on a total spiritual and physical body cleanse.
I started talking to the higher power in my life and cleansing my spirit of EVERYTHING that I was not quite letting go of. Past relationships, people that mistreated me, even horrific events from childhood through adulthood that I held on to.
Spiritually the sun was like a vessel of strength and healing. I would sunbath topless, and just envision the Vitamin D penetrating through my skin and into my left breast- straight to my tumor and slowly dissolving it.
My daily routine consisted of the following:
1. Morning prayers while holding my right hand over my breast tumor as I asked God to release from it.
2. Organic vegetable juice made from my cold-pressed juicer. I alternated what I juiced every 3-days to keep the toxicity levels down. Because, too much of a good thing can be bad too. However the key cancer killing ingredients I was sure to include each day from the biopsy up to the lumpectomy procedure were:
• Turmeric Root (yellow and white)
• Ginger Root
• Wheatgrass(I consumed 5 ounces of wheatgrass throughout the day diluted in a water bottle- I called it my wheatgrass IV)
• Parsley Leaves
• Oranges, Apples, and Grapefruits(organic with the skin included for extra nutrients)
• Celery(leaves and entire stalk)
• 10,000IU Vitamin D3
• IP-6 & Inositol (with Miatake & Cat’s Claw)
• Omega 3 (as directed on bottle)
• Vitamin E (as directed on bottle)
• Anamu’ detox tablets (used as directed on bottle)
• Miatake Mushroom Tea
5. Herbal Tonics
• Graviola & Gravizon
• Comfrey Juice (blended leaves with distilled water and strained them, saving the salve for topical application to my left breast).
• Little to no beef, chicken, or seafood.
• As many fresh organic raw and cooked veggies as possible.
• No dairy
• Little to no sugars
7. Sunbaths & Fresh air
• Direct sunlight to my left breast for a minimum of 15-30mins daily
8. Stress Free Thinking
9. Daily Exercise
10. Colon Hydrotherapy– Every 2-weeks for 6 weeks in a row
Some days I wanted to give up and just die. I was tired of fighting to be alive; or as I told everyone…”I am dying to live.” I literally had to let my nightly alcohol drinking and meat loving characteristics go, just to stay alive. As alcohol and meat is known to make cancer cells proliferate rapidly.
Many times I had to force myself to go to the gym and workout. My energy levels were down to the point that I could sleep all day, if I didn’t have a massage business to run.
The doctors at Dekalb Medical Center wanted to give me a bilateral mastectomy due to the fact that breast cancer runs in my family. But I was not ready to remove all of my pectoral lymph nodes and risk having my immune system farther compromised. And I definitely did not want to develop lymphedema.
It wasn’t until I met the mother of one of my dear friends, Ms. Dolche, that I was educated on the real nature of cancer. How the proper diet can kill cancer cells. How if you feed the cells in your body with the right nutrients it lacks, most cancer cells will die and the body will stop proliferation. And, some amazing foods and herbs to feed my body in order to reprogram my DNA (As we all know that cancer starts in the DNA of our blood and manifest itself throughout our body).
Ms. Dolche being a cancer survivor herself was my most trustworthy source of comfort. She was the first person that told me not to get a mastectomy. Not only that, she helped me with my diet plan. She and her daughter Cynthia saved my life, and I will always be grateful to them for introducing me to a world where medicine is your food, and food is your medicine.
After my emotional and spiritual cleanse, I felt AMAZING. I no longer suffered with heavy periods caused by fibroid tumors, scar tissue that was embedded in my left leg from my traumatic auto injury in high school immediately started to shrink and dissolve!
My hair started to grow out of control, and my skin acquired the glow of a pregnant woman. My body immediately started to look 5-years younger. It was unbelievable how great I began to look and feel. Everywhere I went people complemented me on how healthy I looked, even strangers who knew nothing about the cancer.
My energy levels were out of control, and I no longer had a problem with getting out of bed early in the morning.
At that time I knew that I was the healthiest cancer patient to walk the face of this Earth.
And as a matter of fact, not only was I the healthiest cancer patient in the world. But I had beat the disease altogether!
Six weeks after having surgery to remove the tumor me, my mother, and my daughter found ourselves laughing, crying and praising God all at the same time when the breast surgeon from Emory Winship Cancer Center delivered the news that there was not a trace of cancer in the lesion when the pathology department thoroughly tested it.
However, their job was not done. I was advised to see an oncologist to ensure that we prevent recurrences.
After weighing all of my options as to whether I wanted to introduce toxins like chemo, radiation, and tamoxifen to my now cleansed and efficiently working body; I declined and asked them, “So you are telling me that I should undergo radiation on a cancer that no longer exists; ingest a deadly chemical in my body that will make me nauseous and cause fatigue, loose my hair and nails, cause my bones to weaken, and possibly kill me, and take a pill (tamoxifen) that will immediately throw me into early menopause and cause me to gain fat after losing most of my muscles through chemotherapy? Thanks…BUT NO THANKS.”
At that moment the doctor looked at me…smiled, then closed the office door and said “Between you and me I would suggest you continue to do what you have been doing.”
At that point we gathered our things and left the hospital as fast as possible.
Since my recovery I still continue to do everything that I did to beat cancer. Although I alternate herbs and limit my exposure to the ones that can cause toxicity; I still continue to consume them but less often and in smaller amounts than before.
I hope this story will convince anyone out there who is fighting cancer to research everything there is to know about the disease, especially case studies and statistics. And seek a person who had the exact same kind of cancer and beat it. Find out how they did it and who assisted them.
Then pray about it and do what your heart tells you.
Waist Awareness Week is World Therapy Center’s mission to help promote healthier lifestyle habits by encouraging people to take control of their health, and minimize their waist size all at the same time!
We are asking everyone to start the weekend off with a healthy, but lenient diet, and moderate workout routine.
Lenient meaning…both lean and flexible.
And moderate meaning…the bare minimal.
Therefore everyone can take a small step towards a healthier lifestyle this weekend.
As well as sweat some of those extra water pounds.
1. No fried foods!
2. No fast foods besides salads!
3. Balanced meals with 30% protein, 30% fruit/salad, 25% steamed veggies, 15% carbs!
4. Nothing but fruit, protein, veggies after 7pm!
5. Workout each day for at least 30mins (walking included)…more if possible is a bonus!
6. Drink at least 8, 8 ounce glasses of water each day.
4 small or 2 large Potatoes (your favorite type)
2 large stems of Fresh Rosemary
2/3 cup Olive Oil
2 Fresh Garlic Cloves
1 Small Onion
Heat oven to 350.
Cut potatoes in small wedges and place in a skillet (cast iron works best).
Chop onions and garlic cloves and add to skillet, then cut fresh Rosemary over potato’s.
Drizzle with olive oil and place in oven.
Regular exercising is one of the healthiest things a person can do for their body. Exercise burns fat, thwarts infectious disease, reduces the risk of cancer, boost immunity, and increases metabolic rates for future fat burning.
However, too much of it can have negative effects.
The body gets more benefits exercising more intensely for 30 to 60-minutes daily, than it does when you push that time beyond 60-minutes.
Running or cross-training for half-an-hour to 60-minutes, several times a week, helps to increase the circulation of immune cells.
On-the-other hand, intense workouts lasting 90-minutes or longer can suppress the immune system.
According to Health & Weight-Loss Breakthroughs (2009) Maximum Immunity Vol. 2 (pg. 63), “Surveys of hundreds of finishers in the Los Angeles Marathon and the Western States 100 Mile show that an unusually high percentage of runners became ill within 2-weeks of their events. Actually, 1 in 7 runners after Los Angeles, and 1 in 4 after the Western States race.”
In addition, test studies have also proven that over 90-minutes of intense exercise raises the production of the stress hormones cortisol and epinephrine.
Both cortisol and epinephrine suppresses T cell and NK cell functions, and they trigger cytokines, monocytes, and neutrophils; which are present in cases of severe inflammation.
When the production of T cells decline, to the levels of those following an intense 90+ minute exercise session, the ability of macrophages to ingest invading germs and to stimulate B-cell production (which produce antibodies and killer T-cells) becomes hindered.
In general, it is okay to work out for longer than 90-minutes on occasion. But for long-term immune health; try to keep your intense training between 30 and 60 minutes – 5 to 7 days a week.
Your immune system will thank you for it!
With the economy experiencing such uncertain times, people everywhere are searching for ways to save a buck or two. From grouping errands…to car pooling…to coupon cutting, and shopping for discounted services and used products; we all are searching for the most effective money saving tactics we can find.
When attempting to save money, it is better to start looking at things in a smaller scope.
Record the expenses you’ll need to make in order to conduct your week successfully.
• First, make a list of your weekly transportation expenses and your household’s weekly food and medical expenses.
• Next, review your necessity list thoroughly, and circle the expenses you may be able to minimize or alleviate all together by shopping for better rates or bundling services.
• Finally, make a separate list consisting of all of your extra splurges. Splurges are anything you don’t need to survive, but things that makes life more pleasant like hair and nails, shopping, entertainment and eating out.
Once you have reviewed your entire spending habits and minimized, sometimes elevating, as many financial obligations as possible; then you are ready to add those fun rewarding splurges that makes life more enjoyable.
Rating your splurges from most important to least important is the easiest way to budget them.
Check for discounts on services provided by your favorite stylist, nail salon, massage therapist, and personal trainer on your social networking news feeds. Deduct them from your remaining funds left over, after all revolving bills are minimized and paid.
Tips to help minimize expenses:
1. Use less: Always start using less first by buying less stuff to use. Start by making a list before going shopping. When making the conscious decision to use less stuff, first you must go back to your necessity list to find out what you need to live. Out of all the things you need to live, see if you can use even less of each than what you are currently using. For example, turn the lights off before leaving your bedroom. Dress warmer or cooler, depending upon the weather, so that you don’t run the heat and air as much. Buy more frozen fruits and veggies to prevent spoilage. And, buy less soda and junk food. Also, planning your meals by the week helps you to stretch ingredients better.
2. Shop for sales and discounts: Shop for discounts on quality products and services. Check the Sunday’s paper for coupons. Join discount websites such as Groupon, Living Social, and Scout Mob. And, check your local hair salon, your personal trainers, and your massage therapist to see if they are offering any deals. Join their Facebook and Twitter pages, and make sure you are included in their email list. It is important to have first hand access of their specials to help with your budgeting.
3. Shop for cheaper utilities and insurance rates: Shop for cheaper home and auto insurance rates every year or two; and take a defensive driver’s class to lower auto insurance rates. Shop for cheaper rates on all utilities such as electric, gas, internet and phone, and cable service providers.
4. Buy in bulk: Even small households can benefit from buying in bulk. Get Ziploc bags and bag things based upon what is needed for each individual meal. It’s always cheaper to buy in bulk for a discounted price, rather than paying full price for smaller quantities.
5. Establish a personal budget: After you are done listing everything needed to live, subtract that from the amount of money that you make in a given month. Then divide that number by the average number of weeks in a month (4), and the remaining amount is your weekly spending budget for extra things other than survival necessities. Once you have an idea of your personal spending budget, you know how much money you can use to play with. Then shop for discounts and specials on the things you’d like to have, but don’t necessarily need.
6. Car pool and group tasks: Completing all of your errands at the same time saves gas. You may realize that the very same product you drive across town to purchase can be bought at your local area stores, especially if you stay up on weekly specials. Saving gas by carpooling and grouping tasks also equals saving money.
7. Don’t forget to save: When it comes to saving, the term “How can you miss what you never had” applies. After you have completed your budget make-over, contact your bank to open a saving account that is attached to your checking account. Try to save at least 10% of your monthly earnings in an interest bearing account. But make sure you have the control to stop the drafting when needed, or simply have the funds capable of rolling it back into your checking account for emergency overdrafts or insufficient funds that can sometimes occur.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON QUALITY MASSAGE SERVICES FOR DISCOUNTED PRICES CONTACT World Therapy Center at 404-946-3619. Or log on to www.worldtherapycenter.com, where you will find August Specials for as low as $65.00 for a 1hr. massage, and $80.00 for a 90 minute massage.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the number one hormonal disorder for women typically between the ages of 15-44.
In the United States, as many as 5 million women in their reproductive years may be affected.
Although PCOS is hard to diagnose because their is no individual test used to detect the disorder; 3 main dysfunctions typically exists.
1. High levels of androgens (male hormones) are presence in the body.
2. Irregular of missed periods.
3. Many small cysts (fluid-filled sacs) in their ovaries
Women with polycystic ovary syndrome usually have a sister or mother with it as well.
In addition to making too much androgen, women with PCOS usually have higher than normal levels of insulin.
Insulin breaks down sugar, starches, and other foods and converts them into energy for the body to use or store.
According to womenshealth.gov, many women with PCOS have too much insulin in their bodies because they have problems using it. Excess insulin appears to increase production of androgen.
And, high levels of androgen (as those known in PCOS cases) can lead to:
2. Excessive hair growth
3. Weight gain
4. Problems with ovulation
Symptoms of PCOS:
* Infertility and difficulty ovulating
* Infrequent, absent, and/or irregular menstrual cycles
* Cysts on ovaries
* Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, stomach, back, thumbs, or toes
* Weight gain or obesity, usually with extra weight around the waist
* Acne, oily skin, or dandruff
* Thinning hair or male-pattern baldness
* Patches of skin on the neck, arms, breasts, or thighs that are thick and dark brown or black
1. Medical History Evaluation- the doctor will ask you about your menstrual cycles, weight gain/loss, family history, and other related questions.
2. Physical Exam- the doctor will measure your blood pressure, weight and waist size. As well as check for excessive hair growth. It is advised not to shave a few days prior to the exam.
3. Pelvic Exam- the doctor will check to see if the ovaries are swollen or enlarged.
4. Blood Test- the doctor will check for the androgen hormone and blood sugar levels.
5. Vaginal Ultrasound (sonogram)- the doctor will take pictures of the pelvic region.
Treatment for PCOS:
PCOS has to be managed to treat the symptoms, because there is no cure for the disorder itself. Some women need a combination of treatments to meet their individual needs.
SOME TREATMENTS FOR POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROME ARE:
1. Diet and exercise– Limit processed and sugary foods, and add more whole-grain products, fruits, vegetables, and lean meats to your diet. Also, exercise at least 30-minutes daily.
2. Birth Control Pills– Birth control helps to reduce male hormone levels, control menstrual cycles, and helps to clear acne.
3. Diabetes medications– Metformin, used to treat type 2 diabetes, helps with PCOS symptoms by controlling the way insulin controls sugar levels, and by lowering testosterone production. Metformin also slows the abnormal hair growth, and in some cases it helps to regulate ovulation. Other positive effects of Metformin have been noted, such as decreased body mass and lower cholesterol levels. Flutamide is another drug that exhibits similar symptoms as Metformin.
4. Fertility medications– Fertility drugs that stimulate ovulation help women with PCOS to become pregnant.
5. Surgery– Ovarian laparoscopy (drilling) can sometimes increase the chances of ovulation.
6. Medicine for increased hair growth or extra male hormones- Spironolactone and Finasteride help to reduce extra male hormones and hair growth in women.
For more information on treatments for PCOS symptoms contact Cosmetic and Laser Specialists at: http://morebeautifulthanever.com/.